Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Quizlet happy
Several weeks ago, A dear friend who is a Delet student called for help integrating a Hebrew class with technology. She needed to use vocabulary that was very basic and very familiar.
Why don't you try using Quizlet? Quiz-what? she asked? As she busily found the website (Quizlet.com) and signed up (it's free)I asked her to search "Haverim B'Ivrit book 1 unit 1" When it popped up she exclaimed, "Wait, this is exactly the vocabulary I am using!"
Quizlet.com is a website I have been using for years with my older students. Each Sunday, I sent out an email to parents with a link to the new vocabulary for the week. The advanced notice provided the previewing many of my students needed to be successful in class to understand our Hebrew texts. I used the Smartboard to play Scatter, which reviews the words in a game format. The kids love to compete against the timer. It is a great warm up (or warm down) activity in class and is a fun homework assignment. I have also used the "quiz" function in a printed format or online.
The photos above were a great way to keep track of their progress and to send home to parents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment