Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Practice what you Preach


I have been teaching at this amazing school for 7 years.  I have learned so much from my students.  At KSA, we taught our students to be flexible and to take risks, learn something new, even if the topic was hard to understand.

This year in Nitzanim, teaching my multi-age youngsters has been proven to be the height of my professional career as a teacher.  It wasn't easy in the beginning of the year. But, in the spirit of "Practice what you Preach" I accepted the challenge to create a Hebrew class based on a Montessori structured classroom and a good dose of differentiation.  The lessons were designed to align with cross-curricular goals set by our team. By using the same routines, the same language of directions,  the same activity charts, the students were able to feel safe and "learn to love learning".

Thank you KSA and all of my mentors, teachers and students. I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment